Followers of this blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Light your fire- get unstuck- step into the unknown!

I have been feeling a bit stuck.  There are days (like the last couple) that I have had to choose between sleep and writing.  My day goes so much better when I am able to have my morning routine of quiet, meditation, chai and contemplation.  But, my body/mind overtakes this need for awake/quiet time and says "you need sleep".  So, instead of getting up at 4:00 or 5:00 AM the last couple of days, I have slept in until 6:00 AM.  This allows me only the minimum amount of time to pray and get myself dressed and ready for my work day.

The weekdays can make me feel stuck.  I am able to do my job, care for my children, maybe care a bit for my home, do a little bit of caring for myself and the end.

Wednesday I did something out of the norm and went to an improv show with my college roommate.  First off, there is nothing like going out with your college roommate (if you liked her or him) because they know so much about you, you have history and that bonds you forever.  Secondly, doing something different like that in my week made me enjoy my week and made me feel unstuck.  I laughed like I haven't laughed in a while.  It was so therapeutic!  Also, going to this theatre reminded me of my first love...theater.  Why have I stopped doing it?  I was a theatre major.  As a child, when anyone ever asked me what I was going to be when I grew up I would respond, "an actress".  Bringing something like that back into my life might be just what I need.
Iron Pour (CMG original)- Step into the fire- into the unknown!

What do you need?  Has there been something in your life that you used to love that you don't do anymore?  How can you start doing that?  How can you surround yourself with people who would support this endeavor?

The oracle card I picked today was Freyja, who said, "Unleash your adventurous side!  Take risks and be daring!"

And so it shall be.  We go into the unknown together and I support you!

Namaste, Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you. What you have to say is important! Please leave a comment.